Lately, does it seem like:
- The best opportunities are going to someone else
- Your emails go unread for days at a time, while others seem to get their message across quickly, sometimes within minutes
- Your competence, experience, and credentials count for less and less
Social media can help you. Sound daunting? It can be done. Just like you had to learn email, social media has a learning curve. Let us help you shorten the learning curve.
In partnership with major universities across the U.S, My Alumni Link LLC is pleased to offer the Expand Your Career Opportunities With Social Media series.
This series of live webinars and information products fits the needs of time-starved mid-career professionals who want to use social media, but who may feel overwhelmed or confused by the online world. This series will help increase the chances of opportunities finding you instead of the other way around.
Listen as the co-presenter for this series, Carol Ross, talks about how career management has changed:
Who This Series Is For
- Professionals who want to actively manage their career, whether they are in transition, doing well in a current job, or seeking to make a change in the coming year.
- Professionals who need to stand out in a crowded marketplace, especially job seekers who want to showcase what they offer to employers, solopreneurs who need to attract clients, and individuals looking to get better at networking, but aren’t sure how to introduce themselves.
You Will Learn
- Where to spend your limited time to move your career forward, and what to stop wasting time on
- Strategy and tactics of using social media effectively to manage your careers today
- How to tell your story (e.g., in a LinkedIn profile) in a way that is memorable, compelling, and believable
- The kind of online interactions that build relationships and create trust, in small bites
- How to accelerate the expansion of your network to other professionals
- Ways to have a bigger “footprint” online, so that you can attract opportunities
Click on each webinar for more information about registering:
Can’t attend on the dates above? Register anyway and you’ll get the recording within 24 hours after the live event.
About the Presenters
Walter Akana is a certified personal branding strategist and career coach. After more than twenty-five years in the financial services industry, he founded Threshold Consulting, where he helps mid-career professionals in transition, by “making their own game.” In addition, he is a trusted resource for clients of Reach Communications and Right Management. Walter’s career advice has been featured in The Atlanta-Journal Constitution, marketwatch.com, cnnmoney.com, onlinewsj.com. He is a graduate of Columbia University and lives in Atlanta.
A social media insider, Walter is a long-time blogger. He is referenced in several social media books, including The Twitter Job Search Guide, Twitterville, Find a Job Through Social Networking and Smart Networking. Find out more about Walter from his VideoBIO. Follow him on Twitter (@walterakana).
Carol Ross is a career coach, entrepreneur, national speaker and writer with more than two decades of corporate and entrepreneurial experience. Since 2003, she has coached executives and professionals not only to be better leaders, but live better stories. Carol’s career advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, U.S. News & World Report, and Body + Soul. She has been described by NYT best-selling author, Daniel Pink, as the “intelligent professional’s guide to navigating careers in a world where being competent is not enough”.
A social media enthusiast since 2005, Carol authors two blogs and writes regularly about careers, networking and professional development for websites and organizations such as the Northwestern Alumni Association and University of Texas McCombs School of Business. Connect with her on Twitter (@carolross).